My Acer Aspire 5002 NWLCi

AMD Turion 64 ML-30 processor (1MB L2Cache,1.6Ghz), 15,4"WXGA Acer CrystalBrite TFT LCD, 60GB HDD, DVD/CD-RW Combo, 256+512MB DDR, 802.11b/g wireless LAN using MS Windows and Linux Fedora Core 4 operating systems.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Anti Virus : Avast


Today I can't update my antivirus since the registration date is reached 1 year. I'm using avast for my Acer. I alway update the antiviruses' database regularly. There's two ways to update avast antivirus database, downloaded it separately or update incrementally. When I don't have Interenet Connection from home usually I downloaded it from Campuss. The update come as executable files. The update size getting bigger everyday (since the database getting larger too).
images from www.avast.com
My experience using avast is my Windows-XP never got infected. When there's brontok attack in Indonesia, avast never failed to detect it, so I still saved till now. Well, the best thing from Avast is, it's free for Home Users.

That's it, if u need a free antiviruses and powerfull and easy to update, I'm sure Avast is the one. All you have to do is registered every year (it's not so hard I guess).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
 
Web myaceraspire.blogspot.com